Copyright law protects print materials, computer software, advertising, internet materials, audio and video recordings, graphic designs, artwork, commercials, training materials and other written and visual materials.
Our firm's copyright experience includes the following:
- Copyright searching and evaluating whether works are in the public domain
- Filing copyright applications
- Prosecuting and defending copyright infringement situations
- Rendering legal opinions concerning the ability to use a particular work
- Preparing cease and desist letters in the event of copyright infringement and resolving the infringement situation to a successful conclusion
- Preparing copyright license agreements and assignments
- Analyzing whether the use of a person's name or likeness violates right of publicity law
What is a domain name?
A domain name is the textual address or Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of a particular website. Each site has a numerical IP address that distinguishes it from every other site in the web. However, this numerical locator may be difficult to remember (i.e. 18.104.22.168) which is why a textual, easier-to-recall, name has been assigned to it (trademarkegypt.com). Given the fact that domain names must be unique and correspond only to one specific IP address, a user needs to register his or her domain name with an approved registrar. Once this has been done, the user has exclusive rights to that particular name